And then there’s my favourite images of the day :) https://t.co/Xt1pQPOQMI
Our School App Stay connected on the go...
All our students and parents have access to high-quality information about future study options and labour market opportunities.
What is Labour market information ? What information does it include?
• Skills, career pathways and progression routes in the
local labour market
• Job applications and interviews
• Educational institutions, courses, qualifications, entry
requirements and costs
• Professional bodies
• Employment sectors, employers, jobs, salaries and
• Jobs, training and apprenticeships
• Job demands and working life
• Financial planning
We encourage our parents to access and use the information about labour markets and future study options to support their children.
The Streetly Academy arranges for our students to gain information first-hand through encounters with employers. We also advertise local labour market information to help students, parents and staff understand the changing labour market in their area. This is advertised in this section and at parents evenings, other school events and staff CPD training sessions.
We believe by having access and learning from career and labour market information our students and their families will..
1. help our students and their families connect to a different future and raise aspirations.
2. Give our students the knowledge to put their plans into action. The streetly Academy and parents can help to provide detailed information about progression routes, relevant coursesand employers and useful networks strengthens theircapacity to make effective choices and transitions.
3. Our students, parents and teachers will be updated about new and developing routes and pathways, such as technical levels in occupational areas and the continued expansion of apprenticeships.
4. Our Students will have strong digital skills to make good use of online information about career exploration,making applications, self-presentation and professional networking.
Some useful Labour market resources below ...
1. National Careers Service Site - This site offers around 800 job profiles and can help illustrate careers activities and offer online guidance for young people.
2. With the below links you will be abale to obtain the labour market summaries for your LEP area. These will provide useful information on majoremployers and sectors and developing trends.
3. LMI for All is an online data portal that connects and standardises existing sources of high quality,reliable LMI.
4. Use the Careerometer Widget
5. Nomis is your one-stop shop for labour market information. The summary pages provide key trend data about or local area.
6. I Could provides 1,000 different video clips of LMIand personal career stories to help students explore different career routes and pathways.
7. Get In Go Far is the government portal for information about apprenticeships, with a linked website to find liveapprenticeship vacancies.
8. Amazing Apprenticeships provides free talks andguidance to schools via the Apprenticeship Support Knowledge service (ASK).
9. National Careers Week provides a range of posters,inspirational quotes and links to the Royal Bank of Scotland Kickstart resources.
10. This government tool allows you to use your postcode to search for courses and qualifications available in your local area.
11. Office for students England helps you identify the Single Points of Contact in your Higher Education Networks, along with local outreach events such as summer schools and advice and information on progression.
12. Career Companion is an independent and impartial guide to careers information on the internet (subscription required).
14. Federation for Industry Sector Skills & Standards provides free, sector-specific careers information for young people through the network of Sector Skills