We’re really looking forward to meeting lots of new faces tonight! Please pop by and come and chat to us in the English department. pic.twitter.com/cpPjGIZmiq— Streetly English (@StreetlyEnglish) September 28, 2023
Appeals & Admissions
For admission appeals please complete the online appeal form. For appeal enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions Criteria 2023/24
If there are more applications than there are places available at the Academy, then places will be awarded on the oversubscription criteria set out below in the order in which they will be applied:
Children in Public Care (looked after children (LAC)) and previously looked after children (PLAC) Definition: Children who are or have ever been in the care of a Local Authority or provided with accommodation by a Local Authority.
Where a child has a brother or sister attending the Academy in years 7 to 10 when the application is made and who will be still attending the Academy at the proposed admission date.
- Up to 5 Children per year with exceptional physical disabilities as defined by Walsall Council, who require a mainstream education in a School/Academy with specialist modifications and facilities to support physical disabilities and for whom Streetly Academy is considered to be the nearest appropriate place
- Children of staff employed at the Academy
- Where the child is attending one of the following named primary schools and lives within 2.5 miles of the Streetly Academy, as measured in a straight line from the centre point of the home address to the centre point of the Academy address using the Local Authority computerised measuring system:
- Blackwood Primary School
- Lindens Primary School
- Manor Primary School
- Proximity of the Child’s home to the Academy, with those living nearer being accorded the higher priority, the distance being measured in a straight line between the home address and the centre point of the Academy site.
Coordinated admission arrangements apply to ourselves and neighbouring Authorities. Therefore applications for Year 7 entry in September 2023 must be made to the Local Authority in which the applicant resides, using the form supplied by them.
Applications for places in other year groups should be made direct to the The Streetly Academy.
Children allocated places at The Streetly Academy will be invited to spend a day with us in the summer term of 2023.
Walsall Council will offer places, as part of the coordinated admission arrangements. Parents will be asked to confirm their acceptance.
- During March 2023 parents of the 2023 Year 7 intake will be offered and asked to confirm their acceptance of places.
- Should it not be possible to find places for all applicants parents may ask to place their child on an active waiting list. The waiting list for places in Year 7 commencing September 2023 will be held by Walsall Council, Admissions Department.
- If you do not obtain a place you may lodge an appeal. This should be done on-line via the link above. Appeals places in year 7 September 2023 will be heard in June 2023.
Help & Advice
- Unless stated otherwise, the information in the Academy prospectus refers to the current academic year and is correct at the time of publication.
- An induction pack will be provided at the time of admission.
- In the meantime, for further help and advice with regard to Admissions, please contact the Academy and ask for Miss V Hurdman.
In-year Appeals & Applications
The Streetly Academy coordinates all in-year applications. To apply for an in-year place in any year group, in the first instance please contact the Academy on 0121 353 2709 extension 124 or via the contact form on the school website.
Waiting lists are formed at the start of each academic year and are retained for that year only. Applications are ranked in admission criteria order, for all over-subscribed year groups. Vacancies will be offered on the basis of the published admission criteria of the School. Parents may enquire about their child’s position on the waiting list by contacting the Academy directly on 0121 353 2709 extension 124.
If an application for admission is refused there is a right of appeal to an independent admission appeal panel. The applicant will be advised why admission was refused and will be provided with information about the right to appeal.
To discuss appeals please call 0121 580 7658 or complete the online appeal form, which can be found above.