Committees and Membership
In order to carry out our role efficiently and effectively the detailed work of the Governing Body is undertaken by two committees. In addition to attending Full Governing Body meetings, all governors sit on at least one committee. The Committees report back to half termly meetings of the Governing Body at which broader issues are discussed and agreed.
The Curriculum Committee regularly reviews progress, examination and other performance data. Recommends attainment targets and monitors student attendance. The Committee also ensures that SEN requirements are met, thus promoting high standards of achievement for all.
|| Deborah Talbot (Vice Chair)
||Sally Midwinter (Chair)
Finance and Resources Committee
The Finance Committee ensures sound management of the Academy’s finances including proper planning, monitoring and probity. Reviews internal controls and carries out duties of the audit and risk committee as delegated by the Full Governing Body. Oversees the management of the budget and cash-flow including variances and projections. This committee also considers staffing and HR issues and Admissions to the Academy
||Michael Chubb (Chair)
|Mark Allwood (Vice Chair)
Governors with special responsibilities
|Mr Ashley Winters
||Chair of Governors and SEND/Safeguarding Governor
|Mr Michael Chubb
||Vice Chair of Governors
|Mr Mark Farmer
||Vice Chair and Race Governor
|Mr Adrian Hutton
||Health and Safety
|Mrs Sherrie Watkins
The Streetly Academy Governing Body and Academy Trust
Streetly School became an Academy 9th November 2011. The Academy is a State-funded Independent School and is a Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee, controlled by the Academy Trust.
The Academy is subject to a funding agreement which is a formal contract between The Streetly Academy and the Department for Education.
The Streetly Academy Funding Agreement specifies that the Members of the Academy Trust are the holders of the following posts:
- The Chair of the Governing Body
- The Vice Chairs of the Governing Body
- The Chair of the Finance and Resources Committee
- The Vice Chair of the Finance and Resources Committee
- The Chair of the Curriculum Committee
- The Vice Chair of the Curriculum Committee
The Current Trust Members are:
- Mr Ashley Winters (Chair of Governing Body)
- Mr Mark Farmer (Vice Chair of the Governing Body)
- Mr Michaal Chubb (Vice Chair of the Governing Body)
- Mr Mark Allwood (Vice Chair of the Finance and Resources Committee)
- Mrs Sally Midwinter (Chair of Curriculum Committee)
- Mrs Deborah Talbot (Vice Chair of Curriculum Committee)
A meeting of the Full Governing Body takes place half-termly.
For further information with regard to the dates and times of meetings, and the protocol for attending these meetings. Or for copies of Minutes and/or Agendas, or to contact the Chair of Governors please contact Mrs D Leese, Clerk to the Governing Body via email.